Friday, September 23, 2011

Post-Op...#13

I'm pretty sure Judah's been anesthetized 13 times. We have a small village of bears. What a champ. Anyway, he's having another good day. The procedure this morning went quickly and smoothly, and Judah was back in my arms shortly after 8:00. I'm excited, because this was the first time he wasn't intubated! And he handled it like a pro. He bounced back quickly once he got some food in his belly, and he's finally taking a nice nap:) Lydia is with us again. We took Judah for a walk outside, and then explored some. We're having some down time now, watching WALL-E. I'm hoping to sneak in a little nap. Last night Judah's IV alarmed several times, because it was kinking. Praise Jesus that he was able to keep it until his morning antibiotics and then into the OR where he got a new one...WHILE HE WAS SLEEPING! We are all done with pokes this time around! All that to say, that after not much sleep and having to be up at 6:30, I'm sleeeeepyyy...

We're still on track to leave Sunday. Judah is still fever-free, holding down everything, happy:)

I'm super disappointed about losing another weekend with my family and having to cancel the camping plans we had made. But...I know God is at work in my heart, and my sob fest with Him
yesterday was...productive. This isn't easy, this whole choosing to rejoice and give thanks. The praying part comes more easily to me, but the rest will be a work in progress. For a long time I fear.

Comforting himself w/ Grandma's voice from his "Grandma book"

Best part of any procedure

He "stole" the Charge Nurse's phone & didn't appreciate having to give it back. He actually called "Miss" Joy at the front desk!

5 min. later Joy brought him his own. Little charmer...


Walkin' on sunshine



No comments:

Post a Comment