Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Home Stretch

I aniticipate that today will be our last full day on the 4th floor. It's possible that we could be here until Thursday, but I don't really think so. I'll do some convincing if I need to.

Last nigth at midninght Judah spiked another fever. Because that happened outside the 24 hr. mark of having started the new antibiotics, they needed to get another urine culture to make sure nothing new was growing. A catheter at 12:15 AM defines unpleasant, but thankfully it went relatively quickly adn the culture appears to be free of any growth. Not gonna lie; I had some angry thoughts toward God. Exhaustion and frustration will do that to me. And the sound of Judah's cries. Glad that's over. Once he got Tylenol for the fever he slept from 12:30 to 6:30 without interruption...and so did I. Best night yet.

I found out that there's a rooftop sitting area off 2nd floor, so after rounds we are going to get some fresh air! Jared is coming to take the afternoon shift, then, and I'll go home and spend time with Mom & Dad and the kids. Back here for supper, some shut eye, and then hopefully a substantially lower CRP level and discharge orders!

Urology is following Judah, but they will wait to do the surgery until the 12th. They do NOT want to operate when there's infection present - I get that - so they'll keep him well medicated and operate when the infection clears up. Sounds like the surgery date is actually really good timing given the fact that the infection will take 14 days to clear out. We're 17 days from the 12th. But who's counting?

I can't thank everyone adequately enough for praying. For your encouraging words, for help with meals, or offers for the kids, for visits. The truth statement for this week is "We're better together". I couldn't agree more.

No comments:

Post a Comment