Friday, July 29, 2011

Prayer for Today

I was going to ask you to pray for 3 specific things this morning, but God has already answered! Judah's surgery was scheduled for 4:00, with the hope that he would get bumped to an earlier time. They are able to get him in at 10 this morning! Meaning, he doesn't have to go all day without eating/drinking anything, risking an IV later in the day for fluids (since #3 went bad yesterday); and he's more likely to be discharged today!

My prayer for today, besides being able to go home, is that there will be no complications during or after surgery. When Judah was intubated last Friday he ended up with strider, swelling and inflammation of his airway, that night prior to coming to the ER. I'm praying that he'll handle everything beautifully today.

Shortly after I came back to the room yesterday, after my time with the Lord, Judah's 4th yr. intern stopped in to go over some changes that had been made. I had suspected that she was a believer, but knew for sure when we ended up having this great conversation about the Lord. She pulled out this yellow 3x5 card that she always kept in her lab coat pocket. She had written Psalm 121 on it, and she gave it to me! I didn't even know how to respond to that, I was so moved and encouraged. That yellow card will always be close to me now.

Psalm 121
I lift my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip - He who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, He who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD watches over you - the LORD is your shade at your right hand: the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD will keep you from all harm - He will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

He is ever watchful, mindful of every move, every breath; He misses nothing and nothing is a surprise to Him. He guides and protects. The God who supernaturally led Israel through the wilderness, is the same God who tends to my life and watches tirelessly. Every word is true for Judah, regardless of the situation or new circumstance. Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

  1. We are praying for you...I am just so overwhelmed at the way your coping and handling all that has taken place these last few days! You are deeply loved....praying for a smooth surgery!

    ReplyDelete