Saturday, July 23, 2011

Relapse

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly things can change! Lydia, Judah, & I should have been rolling into Des Moines within the next hour or so, well on our way to spend a week with Grandma & Grandpa in WI; but instead we're back on the 4th floor at Children's watching the Disney Channel. Judah's day was a normal one once we got home from the MRI. We put him to bed that night, no problem. Just a couple hours later he got restless and started fussing. He felt hot. Within the next few minutes he vomited. My mind instantly raced back to just a month ago when he was admitted for a kidney infection/UTI. Long story short, I took him to the ER and he was admitted upstairs shortly after 2 AM. The rest of the night is a little bit foggy. I remember giving a medical history and med. list (no small feat) to the intern around 3, and then I finally got to go to bed. The morning came much to quickly. Judah is better today and responding well to the injected antibiotics. Looks like we'll get through this stay without an IV - praise the Lord! Judah has another UTI and kidney infection. When they get the sensitivities back, they'll know exactly how to treat it and can then switch to oral meds. The dr. is hoping to send Judah home sometime tomorrow. Outside chance it could be Monday. The fever has been gone since sometime last night, and Judah is happy.

Please pray for the Boys and my folks. They'll be driving here tomorrow.
The Boys (especially Eli) are disappointed, and my parents will be spending their 40th anniversary in the car.

Pray for Judah to get well and stay well. His surgery is still 3 weeks out.

Pray for me that I will be able to give my anxiety over to the Lord and rest in Him. I am fearful that Judah will get sick again before surgery.

Praise the Lord for a church family and good friends who are taking care of us!

Praise the Lord for a husband who sets himself aside and "rolls with it" so much better than I!

No comments:

Post a Comment