Monday, July 25, 2011

Not So Good News

Judah is definitely feeling better today, and has been much more like himself. Unfortunately, we've had some not awesome things come up. Judah's IV came out and he had to get another one. This one took 2 tries. It's times like those that I'm just like, "Really, Lord? This isn't a detail that could have just been left out of the story? Really?" Not a great attitude, but it's the little things like the lab pokes and the IVs that add up. Hopefully this IV will last for the duration of this stay. Speaking of which... We won't get out of here before Wednesday. Judah's CRP level (the inflammatory marker put off by the liver) went from 18 yesterday to 27 today. It's supposed to be going down, not up! He won't be discharged until that number is well on its way to zero. Urology will be over to see him today. We're going to talk about whether or not we should have the obstruction removed now, rather than try to get and keep him healthy for another 18 days. I'm trusting the Lord with this. I have no idea what the best thing is. God can keep him healthy, no problem, but maybe His plan is to have this done now. I don't know. I'm praying that God gives me the wisdom I need when it's time for that conversation. I think it will come down to the urologist's recommendation, but I also want to be sure I advocate for Judah. In the meantime, Judah and I are trying not to get bored. Hospital stays are never easy, but the challenges of the stay change as you go along. Once Judah's feeling better, it's hard to keep him entertained sometimes; and I can only sit around this room so much. We'll need to hit the playroom or take a walk today for sure. I'm looking forward to having dinner with my family tonight (in the waiting room), spending some one-on-one time with Mom after dinner, and then enjoying Chili's chips 'n salsa (the best known to man in my humble opinion) and a late movie with Jared once the kids are all tucked in at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment