Friday, July 23, 2010

Buh-Bye

After 2 more days of vomiting (1-2 times each day) I called the endocrine office and said that, though there is no medical reason for Judah to be throwing up on the Nutropin (that we can see, anyway) we were done with the Nutropin! This morning I picked up a sample pen of a different brand of the growth hormone drug, Norditropin. I'm optimistic that this change will have good results. I'm optimistic because I really can't handle being pessimistic about it. We'll take one day at a time. I'm committed to giving this drug a week. If in that time there's no change, then we'll experiment with other factors that might possibly be causing the vomiting and are unrelated to the growth hormone. I had a great talk with Judah's OT about it when she came this morning. She was encouraging and helpful, and I love her for it! Because of all the different kinds of kids Judah's therapists see, they always have different perspectives or insights to offer. I really appreciate that about them.

So, we're basically back to square one here...but we really didn't get far with the other drug so I guess it's not a big deal. And I feel more confident and encouraged today because of the plan that our OT and I came up with for him if we need to change other variables...one at a time:)

No comments:

Post a Comment