Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Norditropin, I Love You

Judah is doing so well on his new growth hormone drug! I picked up the new pen on Friday and gave him the 1st injection that night. Saturday he was vomit-free! Sunday he threw up during church, so I started him on Mylacon drops that afternoon to help with some gasiness. I believe that his low muscle tone is complicating things, making slow bowels a factor here. The combination of these to new variables means that Judah has gone 2 full days without so much as a little spit! PRAISE THE LORD!!! I even like the Norditropin pen better. It's slightly more user-friendly; and for some reason that I can't explain, Judah is not bothered by these injections like he was with the Nutropin pen. Another thankyou, Jesus!

Today we see his pediatrician for his H & P so he can be cleared for surgery...which happens in just 12 days! Yikes. After that we head over to Childrens to see his GI doctor. I'm hoping to get some answers about how extensively low muscle tone could effect his bowels and what else I could be doing to help him. (I know part of the problem is that he's non-weight bearing, so he doesn't have the help from gravity here, either.) We'll also be talking about his G tube, and possible plans following recovery from his palate repair.

I just can't describe the relief I feel from finally getting a handle on the vomiting! I was praying that we would be able to get this resolved before surgery and the G tube. Thankyou so much, Lord!

1 comment:

  1. I have been waiting to hear how he's doing... I don't know how I missed your post! PRAISE GOD that he isn't vomiting! Evie is finally day 1 vomit free this week. Darn antibiotics!

    Love, love, love you!

    ReplyDelete