Friday, July 16, 2010

*smoooooch*

All my hard work and dedication paid off! The commitment to consistency. The tireless efforts I invested. Alright, so it wasn't quite as dramatic as all that, but I am no less pleased. After weeks of trying to teach Judah how to "kiss" he's finally got it! I have been saying "kiss" every time I kiss him...and of course throwing in a few extra kisses for good measure:) Even the kids got in on it sometimes, imitating this pattern. Too cute! A couple weeks ago I started pausing after saying "kiss", giving him an opportunity to respond. Today - FINALLY - he got it! I came to him and kissed his face a couple times. Then I said "Kiss!" and waited. In that brief pause he grew still, stuck out his little tongue, and waited expectantly for Mommy's kiss! Joy! Joy! He even did it again for me later!

*sigh* It really is the little things...

1 comment: