Tuesday, July 6, 2010

GHRT Hiccup #47

O.k. so there haven't really been 46 other "hiccups" in this Growth Hormone Replacement Therapy process. However, I did hear back from the nurse and the news wasn't great. The endocrinologist said that there is a chance, however small, that the Nutropin he did get, all 3 injections, could have caused a "pseudo-tumor" - a small growth that looks like a tumor. So, even though Judah just had an MRI on June 7th, he has to have another one TOMORROW to look specifically at that part of the brain to rule out this growth. When we get the all clear he can then restart the drug at a half-dose. *sigh* Ya know, if Judah were a "normal" kid, this wouldn't be such a big deal; but because he's high risk, an MRI means anesthesia and intubation...for the 3rd time this summer.

So, God, what's the deal here? Why is this the best thing for him? Why allow these complications? You know how the little things are big deals for him, so what gives? I know Your ways, Your thoughts are so beyond me. I know I need to trust You to lead, rather than leaning on my own finite understanding. But, still...sometimes I just really wonder. So... I guess this is the part where You remind me that my job is not to worry about Judah and all the details of everything; but to trust You, to lean on You, to practice total dependence on You, and thank & praise You in everything.

*Thank You that the MRI could be scheduled so quickly, before we leave for WI, so Judah can get back on this drug ASAP.
*Thank You for doctors and nurses who care about Judah & act quickly on his behalf.
*Thank You for giving Jared a job that he can do from home while he stays with the other 3 tomorrow.
*Thank You for giving Judah a body that handles anesthesia well.
*Thank You for giving me another opportunity to trust You.
*Thank You for giving me another opportunity to rub shoulders with medical professionals who don't know You; a chance to be a light and bring glory to You through my attitude tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Bethany, I will be praying for you and sweet Judah tomorrow! Thank you for all the THANK you's it really puts things into perspective.... Love you guys...

    ReplyDelete