Friday, July 2, 2010

Growth Hormone Day 3

Alright, so I didn't get back here as soon as I thought I would. Well, no surprise there! Our training with the nurse went well. She was great, and included the 3 older kids, too. Jared and I each got a practice run with the "practice pen", which went well; but the best part was Eli standing over both of our shoulders repeating each step, making sure we didn't miss anything! It was pretty funny, and he was very proud of himself:) Each of the kids got a turn with the "practice pen", too. Then I gave Judah his first injection. The nurse said it was perfect. And it was easier than I though it would be! We have a pen for him. It's actually brand new - so new we were the first family that the nurse taught how to use it. It's great, because a 30 day supply of the medicine is all ready to go in the tip of the pen. All we have to do is attach a tiny, tiny needle to the tip, set the dose, and inject it. Unfortunately, a needle is a needle, and Judah doesn't like it. I'm hoping that with time he'll get used to it...and maybe I'll figure out a way to do it without him noticing or something. I'll have to work on that somehow. We're on day 3 now. Please pray for him! The day after his first injection he vomited. It's gotten slightly worse each day. I have to take him to the pediatrician today to rule out a GI bug; and if that's ruled out (which I'm confident it will be) then we have to quit the Nutropin for the weekend. We'll call the endocrinologist on Tues. to let him know if that made a difference or not, and then go from there. Judah needs every ounce of nutrition he gets. He needs to keep his other meds in his system. He needs this drug, too. So, I don't know how all this is going to turn out. However, I do know that God's hand is still on him. He cares for Judah more than I can fathom. And He will faithully lead us in this, giving the doctors wisdom, and bringing about the best outcome for Judah.

We'll keep ya posted!

1 comment:

  1. will be praying for you...i rest too in the fact that God knows about all this, that He has a perfect plan...i can picture too eli there taking on the world, i can only imagine what he will tackle in the yrs to come...hes something special :}

    ReplyDelete