Sunday, July 11, 2010

Nutropin Round 2

I did something this morning that I've never done before. I called a doctor during church! The service had just started, Judah was just finishing up a feed, and he threw it all up. I had an endocrine nurse paged right away (well, after I got Judah all cleaned up) and waited for her to call me back. So, we're back where we started. No injection tonight, call the doctor in the morning, see what he says. Thankfully Judah's endocrinologist is back from vacation and will handle this directly. I have complete trust and confidence in him, which makes this situation easier to deal with. I know Judah couldn't be in better human, medical hands:) Still, I wanted to cry when he threw up. Seriously? Seriously. Again? Poor guy! This is frustrating and unsettling. Plus, it's obvious that Judah's not quite himself. I really don't know what's going to happen tomorrow...we're taking the kids to an amusement park all day tomorrow, so the timing of this isn't great...and I wouldn't be surprised if I had to take him in tomorrow...still, I do have a sense of peace. This is not a surprise to God, and it's certainly not outside of His control. I missed the message today, but I read the text while I was with Judah waiting for the nurse to call. Pretty powerful and appropriate stuff. Although, when is God's Word not?

Psalm 62
1 My soul waits in silence for God only; From Him is my salvation.
2 He only is my rock and my salvation, My stronghold; I shall not be greatly shaken.
3 How long will you assail a man, That you may murder him, all of you, Like a leaning wall, like a tottering fence?
4 They have counseled only to thrust him down from his high position; They delight in falsehood; They bless with their mouth, But inwardly they curse.
Selah.
5 My soul, wait in silence for God only, For my hope is from Him.
6 He only is my rock and my salvation, My stronghold; I shall not be shaken.
7 On God my salvation and my glory rest; The rock of my strength, my refuge is in God.
8 Trust in Him at all times, O people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us.
Selah.
9 Men of low degree are only vanity and men of rank are a lie; In the balances they go up; They are together lighter than breath.
10 Do not trust in oppression And do not vainly hope in robbery; If riches increase, do not set your heart upon them.
11 Once God has spoken; Twice I have heard this: That power belongs to God;
12 And lovingkindness is Yours, O Lord, For You recompense a man according to his work.

Then I read Psalm 63.
O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly; My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You, In a dry and weary land where there is no water.
2 Thus I have seen You in the sanctuary, To see Your power and Your glory.
3 Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips will praise You.
4 So I will bless You as long as I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name.
5 My soul is satisfied as with marrow and fatness, And my mouth offers praises with joyful lips.
6 When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches,
7 For You have been my help, And in the shadow of Your wings I sing for joy.
8 My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me.
9 But those who seek my life to destroy it, Will go into the depths of the earth.
10 They will be delivered over to the power of the sword; They will be a prey for foxes.
11 But the king will rejoice in God; Everyone who swears by Him will glory, For the mouths of those who speak lies will be stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment