Monday, July 12, 2010

Round 2 Continues...

I talked to an endocrine nurse a couple times this morning. After the first phone call she talked to an endocrinologist (I was wrong, Judah's is out again today. Bummer.) and then talked to someone at the drug company. Apparently, vomiting is a very rare occurrence, so they want to be sure to cover all their bases. Meaning Judah needs to see his ophthalmologist tomorrow morning (praise the Lord we got in so quickly!!) to have his eyes dilated so that Papilloedema can be ruled out. It's a swelling behind the eye(s) that could be caused by the drug and would then cause the vomiting. If everything looks normal then we move on to a different brand of the drug. I was so hoping that we would be past this now. I just...I mean, it's not like we need anymore complications and have all this spare time for extra doctor appointments. So, my attitude isn't exactly stellar right now. God, You are in control here and I know that You're good. I just don't get this. I mean, why all the hassle? What is Your good in this?

There is so much floating around in my brain right now. All of this, trying to get ready for our trip a day early, extra phone calls, and trying to deal with and move past some problems we're having with Judah's pharmacy. Is it possible for a person's brain to implode? Not to mention the fact that we were supposed to have a fun family day with the kids at Fun Plex today and got rained out. Gr.

Didn't I just write about Psalm 62 & 63 yesterday?? How quickly I lose sight of my Rescuer, my Stronghold, my God. And the whole "grace for today" thing that is supposed to be at the forefront of my mind each morning. Ok. So, I have the grace that I need to do everything I need to do today. Tomorrow I'll have exactly what I need...tomorrow. Today is enough. Thanks, Lord.

1 comment:

  1. sometimes I try to look at setbacks as God protecting Evie during a time that her body might not be quite ready for things... although it is totally frustrating. praying for Judah every day! have an awesome vacation!!!

    ReplyDelete