Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Nutropin Restart

I finally heard back from the endocrine clinic. And Judah's endocrinologist has finally been able to review the results from the MRI and ophthalmologist. According to Dr. D's findings there's absolutely no reason that Judah should be vomiting from the Nutropin. So, we're starting him back on the Nutropin at a half dose tonight, and hopefully giving it a week. If in that week we have no concerns, he can then go back to a full dose.

How am I feeling about this? Ambivalent. As is usually the case. I'm relieved that Dr. D. is back and in charge again. I'm relieved that we're not starting over with another drug right now. (I do not look forward to going through that whole process again!) I'm very anxious about the vomiting starting again. To top it all off, Judah's been more "reflux-y" lately and had vomited several times at totally random times even off the Nutropin! The only thing I can think of is that his 4 12 month molars that are all cutting at the same time - poor guy - are causing it. He's been a total champ with the teething, no other side effects...so that leaves me wondering...

We've also been experiencing quite a bit of stress in some other areas, so I feel like, all in all, I might just buckle. I haven't had much success in just leaving this all with the Lord lately. My head knows, my heart knows, my flesh is kickin' and screamin'. And winning. There's not much else to say about it. I just need to keep my head and heart focused on Him and His Word. And somehow ignore my flesh's natural tendency to worry and jump ahead to the worst case scenario.

Here's a great place to start:
Ephesians 1:3-14 (TLB)
"How we praise God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every blessing in heaven because we belong to Christ. Long ago, even before he made the world, God chose us to be his very own, through what Christ would do for us; he decided then to make us holy in his eyes, without a single fault - we who stand before him covered with his love. His unchanging plan has always been to adopt us into his own family by sending Jesus Christ to die for us. And he did this because he wanted to! Now all praise to God for his wonderful kindness to us and his favor that he has poured out upon us, because we belong to his dearly loved Son. So overflowing is his kindness toward us that he took away all our sins through the blood of his Son, by whom we are saved; and he has showered down upon us the richness of his grace - for how well he understands us and knows what is best for us at all times. God has told us his secret reason for sending Christ, a plan he decided on in mercy long ago; and this was his purpose: that when the time is ripe he will gather us all together from wherever we are - in heaven or on earth - to be with him in Christ, forever. Moreover, because of what Christ has done we have become gifts to God that he delights in, for as part of God's sovereign plan we were chosen from the beginning to be his, and all things happen just as he decided long ago. God's purpose in this was that we should praise God and give glory to him for doing these mighty things for us, who were the first to trust in Christ."

No comments:

Post a Comment