Monday, August 9, 2010

The Big Day!

It just occurred to me that I still haven't blogged about Judah's 1st birthday party - for shame! I'm actually embarrassed by my over sight. Well, moving on...
Judah's birthday was on Friday, June 4th, so we decided to celebrate all weekend! We felt so loved when my brother, sister-in-law, and their 4 kids came all the way here to celebrate with us. Grandma & Grandpa Bluhm were here, too. We had some great family time throughout the weekend, and made lasting memories. On Friday we had a little family party with presents and cookies. It was so fun to see Judah in Grandpa's lap, surrounded by siblings & cousins who were all too eager to help him open his gifts:) It warmed my heart to see Eli, Ezra, & Lydia give Judah the gifts that they had specifically picked out for him.
The next morning we were all up and raring to go! We had rented a bounce house for the party, so one of my favorite parts of the morning was watching my kids, nieces, & nephew as they stood on the edge of the sidewalk watching and waiting as the guys set up the house. They were beyond excited! I'm pretty sure the 6 older kids were in that house for the majority of the 4 hours that we had it! A few of Jared's students came over before the open house to help set up. I put them in charge of balloons:) They made a huge "J" on our ceiling, and it made my day! Our best friends were there early with food and moral support, Grandma & Grandpa picked up the cakes, and then all of a sudden we had our first guests! It's hard to put into words what that day meant to us. We had somewhere between 50-75 people celebrate with us! Family, friends, neighbors, Eli's principal (who actually came on Friday b/c she wasn't available Saturday), all the YFC staff, YFC board members, parents of students, a NICU nurse, & our Dr. B. who took care of us when I was pregnant with Judah. (WOW, I can't believe you actually came!!! ) I'm still overwhelmed by the love and support that was demonstrated to us that day! I'm still surprised that so many people took the time to come! We can't thank everyone enough, nor can we adequately express our appreciation for the gifts that Judah received, as well as all the donations we received for the AAA crisis pregnancy center. [The day I got to take all 4 kids down there to drop off those donations was a very special, meaningful day for me; a privilege.] Anyway, we just had SO MUCH FUN! It was such a gift to be able to talk to so many people; to see so many who genuinely love Judah hold him and love on him! Of course he was the perfect little birthday boy. Smiling, sitting contentedly on any one's lap, even taking a little snooze in the arms of a student's little sister mid-way through the party:) Too precious! We had fun watching him as he eyed his little lion cake. Then when he tentatively reached out and stuck his first finger in it...then his whole hand...to the mouth...in the ears and hair! I'm so thankful for the opportunity we had to celebrate this way. Every part of it I attribute to God's goodness; His faithfulness in bringing us to that day; His love demonstrated to us through so many people; His provision, grace, and mercy. Wow, He really does LOVE us. He LOVES Judah.

So, Happy Birthday Darling, Darling Boy!!! I love you so much! I am humbled that God chose me to be your mom. I am honored and privileged to be that woman in your life. I am so rich because I have Daddy, Elijah, Ezra, Lydia, & YOU! And just so you know, in case you ever doubt, I'll tell you again: you are a perfect reflection of the goodness of God, lovingly made in His image, beautifully designed to bring Him glory, precious in His sight, covered with His fingerprints, a gift in the truest sense of the word. Special. Just like your older brothers and sister. No different from anyone in any way that matters. Gifted. I can't wait to see you continue to grow, learn, explore, love, live every day that God has ordained for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment