Monday, August 16, 2010

One week down...

...two more to go. This week has gone by quickly. I'm counting on the fact that the next 2 will go by just as quickly, and all of a sudden we'll be removing those restraints for good! Every day I see improvement in Judah, and I thank Jesus! This morning was the first one post-op that he woke up smiling, and he hasn't had any Tylenol today! Thank you so much to each of you who has prayed specifically for his pain. He's a different baby from the one I cried over and with last Monday. He still occasionally makes his little sad "owie" face, and every once in awhile shakes his head, but he is sooo much better! I think what bothers him the most now is when he tries to clear his throat, or he gets a bunch of spit in the back of his mouth that he has to swallow. He fusses or cries out a little bit when either of those 2 things happens, and I'm guessing that it's because the roof of his mouth is still exposed and so tender. Still, considering that he has uncovered bone in his mouth, his healing is pretty remarkable. Praise the Lord!

I've also been saying thanks to the Lord over the last few days, because Judah isn't refluxing. He's vomited a few times, and I had to slow him back down again, because his tummy didn't like it when I tried to shorten his feeding time; however, he's not spitting up or anything. I was so sure that he'd have terrible reflux, especially since the surgeon said reflux was so common & a probability for him. I was anxious about it. But all I can do is shake my head and praise the Lord for another answered prayer! Seriously, this is huuuge to me!

Every time a child goes under anesthesia at Children's they come out of Recovery with one of these sweet, soft, cuddly bears. Judah has his own little colony. He has one from surgery last December, and one for every month since May. Sheesh. I suppose someday in the not too distant future we'll pass them on, but I'm just not quite ready to let any go yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment