Tuesday, August 10, 2010

From the Fourth Floor V - Gr

The pediatric surgeon came by late this afternoon to check on Judah again. Because he looked good, he ordered a 75ml feed over an hour at 4, and then a 150ml feed over an hour at 8. If all went well then Judah could eat normally tomorrow and we could go home. At 6:20 Judah threw up. Not only is that bad GI news, but I keep thinking about how he has that icky junk all soaked up in his gauze pack. Ew. My poor baby. I don't understand why he tolerated 2 5 oz. feeds last night just fine, but couldn't handle 2 1/2 oz. this afternoon. The surgeon that's on call tonight will stop by in a bit. In the meantime, the resident spoke with him over the phone and, for now, they're holding off on any more feeds until they get a white count. Just to make sure there's not something else going on. The resident speculates that Judah's intestines just aren't quite ready to move food yet. Still, why the 2 feeds last night? Hmmm... Unless those 2 feeds just filled up his intestines and their still trying to move that food through. That's my specualtion. So, I'm back to being a little discouraged. He's had such a good day today compared to yesterday. I miss my family. I don't like eating alone, and I don't like spending money on cafeteria food. And the vending machines don't take $5's. How lame is that? Alright, that's just my bad attitude showing now:/ I want to get Judah home, but am having to accept the fact that that might not be God's plan for Judah and the rest of our family. Well, like I said about today, tomorrow is a new day, and God's faithfulness awaits me there as well as His mercy. And since today's not over yet, I still have grace to finish this one.

I did get a nap in with Judah today. While these over-sized cribs might be adequately comfortable for babies and small children, they were not designed for Mama's and their child-bearing hips! I was tired enough for said hips not to notice until I woke up;)

No comments:

Post a Comment