Friday, August 20, 2010

We've made it through another week. Not quite another 7 days, but a very busy 5 days that included a back-to-school picnic; 3 doctor appointments; an IFSP review; a 1st, 2nd, & 3rd day of school; a student leader dinner; and a visit from Grandma & Grandpa...who don't leave until Monday, thank the Lord! This week has been harder than I thought it would. Judah's recovery has been more complicated than I expected. Pain medication that causes constipation, air from the laproscopic surgery, low muscle tone, & being nonweight-bearing lead to an uncomfortable, unhappy baby...and ultimately to an unpleasant encounter with Mommy's finger in a very sensitive area. Enough said.

On a happier note... Judah had his first belly laugh post op! He sounds so different to me, but what a beautiful sound! So glad he saved those first laughs for me:)



Judah also loves this new toy, and I'm so proud of how well he's doing with it! It's been awhile since I posted any videos at all, so I really thought it was absolutely necessary to include this one, too!



One more thing. For months I've been working on getting Judah to lift his arms up to me to be picked up. Tonight when he was in his chair I went to him and started the, "Do you want Mommy? Do you wanna come up?" routine. And he did it! He raised those little restrained arms up to me with the biggest grin on his face! Oh, I'm so happy:)

2 comments:

  1. I am SO impressed with how focused he is on that toy! He's so persistent:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. praise the Lord! He looks like he is doing really well....I am praying daily for your sweet family!!!

    ReplyDelete