Monday, August 9, 2010

From the Fourth Floor II

I just spent the last 3 hours holding my precious boy! That was good medicine for both of us! It was amazing to see the change in him when the nurse placed him in my arms. He settled down immediately and started sleeping peacefully for the first time since recovery. A little while later he was cleared for morphine, so he is actually still sleeping well. I'm praying for a healing sleep. It was such a joy to hold him close for so long! I'm thanking Jesus every minute for this rest that Judah is finally getting! I've cried a lot today, but I feel relief now, and confidence that the worst is behind us. Judah's O2 was up and down, took a couple dips, but since his first feed he's stabilized and is looking good. He's also been running a fever that was 102.9 at it's highest, but that, too, has gone back down to a low grade fever. My prayer is that it will return to normal and stay there! He's such a sweet boy - it's hard to see him so helpless and uncomfortable. I keep looking to the Lord, trusting Him for His good and His care; and He has been faithful to meet me in my hurt for Judah and comfort me. I know He is continually ministering to Judah as well. Praying that tonight will be restful and sleep-filled...

Judah just got his temp checked and he's down to 99!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Bethany, I can't imagine how hard it is to watch Judah go through all this...holding him would be such sweet medicine for both of you!
    I can hardly stand it when B gets shots...or when we recently had to dig some splinters out from her hand, and she screamed "Mama!" over and over as we worked on them. I can't even imagine what you're going through...thinking of you...
    ~ Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you guys this morning, Love you very very much!

    ReplyDelete