Thursday, August 12, 2010

From the First Floor...

...of my house! I'm sitting here in the living room enjoying the sounds of my kids playing, breathing another sigh of relief that we're home! The kids have been so happy to have Judah and me home. Lydia held Judah's hand all the way home from the hospital, and the boys have been trying to see who can make Judah smile the most and laugh first. Daddy got the very first giggles, though, on our way out of the hospital last night!

The hated gauze pack finally came out around 6 P.M. I couldn't believe how loud Judah was when he cried once it was out! He sounds just a little different to me now that he has a palate. Thankfully we had a great nurse last night who did everything she could to get us outta there quickly, and we were on the road by 7!

Judah slept well all night, and didn't need any Tylenol until 4:30 this morning. He's been trying to roll around on the floor today, but those restraints really make it difficult. Boo. We took a walk to the library today and got ooohed and aaahed over by our favorite librarian, and Judah is now taking a nice, looong nap! He's had a pretty good day overall. He threw up his breakfast, so I think I need to take the feeds a little slower for a little longer. His lunch went really well. I already love the G button! What a difference it makes! I love seeing Judah's beautiful face just by itself, and I love that there's no tube hanging from him anywhere!

I got all of his follow-up appointments made this morning, so between those and getting ready for the boys to start school on Wednesday, the next couple weeks are going to be B-U-S-Y!

I'm so thankful for every day that we get through, because it's another day farther out from surgery, and one day closer to recovery...and working to meet our new feeding goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment