Wednesday, August 11, 2010

From the Fourth Floor VII

I'm getting a little tired of that title. I may have to change things up a bit regardless of where we are for my next post. Anyway...

Today has been a good day for Judah. Me too. As the day progresses he gets more active and playful. I've seen several smiles today, too! He still makes his sad "owie" face, but his pain has decreased & is under control, and he doesn't shake his head anymore! This morning we had another visit from our favorite endocrinologist! I can't say enough how blessed and thankful I feel that the dr. we see the most (besides the pediatrician) is one that I genuinely like, have developed such a good rapport with, and I respect & trust so much! Thank You again, Lord! We had a good conversation about a couple different issues this morning. He gave me a huuuge compliment when he asked for my input about Judah's stress dosing! Seriously. WOW. I was encouraged after he left and felt so blessed. Not too long after that a home health nurse delivered Judah's feeding bags and handed me an envelope that she had been asked to deliver. Inside was a voucher from a good friend for the cafeteria here. That may seem like small potatoes to some, but to me practical, thoughtful, heartfelt gifts like that are some of the best! Thank you again, Lindsey & Evie:) I enjoyed lunch thoroughly, especially my chocolate cake:) The rest of today has been pretty uneventful. Lots of waiting. Judah took a 2 1/2 hr. nap this afternoon, and then woke up and pooped like a champ. I know that's kinda gross, but I have learned to celebrate the little, albeit gross, things in life! I've had fun playing with him in my lap and taking him on a walk around the floor in a wagon. True to form, even in his sad, "owie" state, Judah has charmed and delighted the nurses around here, and he got lots of "hellos" and "aaaws" on our walk:) Judah also had his first feed at 12. It was only 50ml, but he handled that great, so we're on to the 100ml feed at 4. I'm praying that the dr. will let me take him home after that if he tolerates it. Because of my experience with Judah, he might let me take him home before his first full feed...but he might not. God will decide & I will trust. The biggest frustration of today is not hearing anything from the plastic surgeon. The nurse couldn't find him, so I finally called his office myself. A nurse got back to me just before 3 and let me know that he's in clinic and surgery in Norfolk today. His partner will be rounding for him after he gets out of surgery at Creighton. Ummm...that would've been nice information to have yesterday. Gr. I respectfully let the nurse know that I was frustrated and thanked her for letting me know. Hopefully the wait won't be much longer.

I thought some pics from today would be fun. That smile is his 3rd post-op:)

1 comment:

  1. Sweet sweet pictures!! Praying and praying for a great night at home!

    ReplyDelete