Sunday, August 8, 2010

I decided I need to momentarily come out of my melancholy funk so that I can fully appreciate what's going to be happening tomorrow. In spite of the anxiety I feel, I am so excited that this is the last day that I have to look at my darling boy's beautiful face with that stupid tube up his nose! Tomorrow is another turning point, another mile marker on this journey. We start over with all things oral and a new set of circumstances. A G Tube and a whole palate. After he goes through 3 weeks of recovery our prayer is that Judah will no longer aspirate, and we can start giving him thin liquids in a bottle again. And, oh joy, move to a sippy cup!! Dare I say...solid food even? Tomorrow is a new beginning for Judah in this area. We're extremely hopeful and optimistic! And I can't say how thrilled I am to get my little boy's face back:) [And just for the record, I'm equally thrilled that I will no longer have to put that tube up his nose and down his throat.]

3 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm so excited for this new part of the journey! I miss you and love you, and look forward to hearing more about Judah's journey.

    -Tory

    ReplyDelete
  2. will be praying tomorrow for you all...luv you guys, thanks for blessing the debelaks too with a visit :}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just have to tell you that I think you will LOVE the G tube much more than the NG tube...(if that is even possible?). Vinny had his NG tube for 8 months before we got the G tube---way to long...I wish I had talked to others about the G tube...Maybe I was in to much denial!

    Super excited that he will possibly get to begin the journey of drinking and eating again! Good luck and please keep us posted!

    Prayers for tomorrow....

    Hugs Staci and Vinny

    ReplyDelete