Wednesday, August 11, 2010

From the Fourth Floor VI

Shower. Coffee. Muffin. Lamentations 3:22-24.

"The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "Therefore I have hope in Him."

I know this verse gets used a lot, but seriously, isn't it obvious why? This short passage is overflowing with life-giving promises, hope, comfort, strength! I looove this passage! And while I don't necessarily have a specific list of all these "new mercies" or "compassions" as the NAS says for this morning, I do have a tangible sense of God's grace being extended to me this morning. I am encouraged this morning and feel refreshed. I have a renewed confidence in God's goodness and love towards us, even if that means that Judah will need to stay an extra day. That's not to say that I won't be disappointed if that happens, but I do feel better equipped to handle that situation today should it arise.

I had 2 pick-me-ups last night just when I needed them. They're totally not in the same league as each other, but they both did my heart good. I was able to get my hands on some chocolate milk - anybody else find chocolate milk to be completely therapeutic?? - and I got a little smile out of Judah last night! Just one, but what a beautiful little smile it was! Judah had a great night, sleeping soundly until just after 5 this morning. I crawled into bed with him at that point, and we both slept until almost 7. Huge answer to prayer! This morning Judah is going down for an abdominal x-ray just to be thorough. His blood work came back normal. He's also getting that awful gauze pack off sometime this morning! Get this, the care partner (like a nursing assistant) just came in to take him off the monitors - yay - and he smiled at her:) So, we've got a good start to the day!

Please pray for my other sweet kiddos today. They're missing Mommy & Judah. They get to play with Miss Mary & her boys at our house this morning while Daddy goes to the office for awhile, so I'm hoping they have a good time and are good! Thanks so much, Mary! You're friendship is such a blessing to us:)

2 comments:

  1. I love Hebrews 4:16 - "So let us come bodly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find GRACE TO HELP US WHEN WE NEED IT MOST." (NLT) I am continually amazed & forever thankful for that promise...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had such a good night! I love you this morning, and I'm so glad you're my wife!

    ybh

    ReplyDelete