Monday, August 30, 2010

The Man I Married

Jared is extraordinary. I have always believed him to be out of my league. Seriously. He loves me better, more thoroughly, more creatively, more selflessly than I have ever loved him. Not to mention how hot he is! Red hair! I've always kinda wondered how I actually landed him. I mean, really, how did I get lucky enough to snag Jared Stewart?!

He has written me a letter every week (with only a couple misses) for the last several months. I can't remember when it started, because I didn't know he was going to keep it up. But...I'm thinking it's been at least 4 months. Quite possibly longer. Letters about how much he loves me. What he loves about me. Why he loves me. What he looks forward to in our future. Memories from when we were growing up or first starting out. I'm not kidding. He really does this.

He has made breakfast every Saturday morning - a good breakfast - since we've been married. That's 10 years. And he does all the clean up!

He leaves notes for himself around his office desk asking, "What the heck have you done for your wife today?" & something about how can he serve his family today? Really.

The man woos me. He does little things for me. A lot. He buys me little gifts. He surprises me with my favorite cold coffee drink. He does stuff around the house...without being asked.

The man is...extraordinary.

So, last Friday we were supposed to have our weekly "weekend date in". It was Jared's turn. He got a movie I wanted to see and bought the stuff to make my new favorite dessert. And then, for some reason unbeknownst to me, my stomach decided to be stupid. I had discomfort bad enough to keep me curled up in a ball for the whole movie. Blah. Poor Jared. And of course he was so nice and wonderful about the whole thing. On Saturday morning I got out of bed & went to the kitchen to make the coffee...which Jared had gotten all ready for me the night before. All I had to do was pour the water from the coffee pot into the maker & turn it on. Nice. I opened the cupboard to get out a mug & met a post-it note. Throughout the morning I found several more.

In the coffee cupboard: ...thanks for not making me face my coffee addiction alone... :)
On my phone: You're my favorite person to talk to. Ever.
On the bathroom window: You're so cute when you smile in the morning:)
[I'm sooo not, but that's love for ya.]
On the bathroom mirror: You're my best friend. I like you.
In my glasses case: I can't believe how blessed I am to be married to you!
On my blow dryer: "You are so beautiful......to me..." [A song on "our" cd]
In my underwear drawer: [Some things are better left unsaid;)]
On my jewelry box: Here's what I like about you: you.
In my jewelry box: You take good care of me. Thanks.

So, move over Casanova! You've got nothin' on my redhead!

No comments:

Post a Comment